Please read the following items; terms, conditions, and policies (together, the ‘Terms’) carefully. Regarding the terms ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to The Dawn Medical Rehab and Wellness Centre (The Dawn). The terms ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘client’ refer to you, the Client of The Dawn who is the person accepting The Dawn’s Terms.
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect as long as you are a client of The Dawn and in the event of termination or discharge of any programme, service or feature, you will still be bound by your obligations under this Agreement.
A. General Rules
- Failure to arrive at The Dawn alcohol/drug free will result in your admission to our detox unit for a period to be determined by our medical staff (additional charges will apply). Full detox services can also be provided for those clients who require them prior to admission to The Dawn (additional charges will apply).
- The Dawn is an abstinence-based program. Therefore, the use/possession of alcohol, and/or, the use/possession of any drug that has not been prescribed by our medical staff is not permitted.
- You may be tested for drug and/or alcohol consumption at any time. Failure of a test, or refusing to consent to a test, will result in immediate discharge from The Dawn.
- Your room and personal belongings may be searched for contraband at any time. Refusing to consent to a search of your room or personal belongings will be viewed the same as if there were a positive finding of contraband in your possession.
- You cannot associate with known drug users, dealers, manufacturers or deliverers, and you cannot go to drug houses, bars, or taverns. You must live in a residence that supports a recovery lifestyle.
- Smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes, is prohibited inside all buildings at The Dawn. Smoking is only permitted in designated public areas at our facility. Public areas include the villa balconies and outside of villa structures.
- You are not permitted to hold credit cards, cash, valuable jewellery or your passport until you discharge. These items are held in a safe box at the support office and are not handed out without permission.
- Prescribed medications are to be handed over at the time of admission and kept secured in the appropriate medical cabinet. Medication will be given out according to doctor’s prescription by the staff on duty.
B. Payment and Refund Policy
If not already settled in full prior to your arrival, the full amount of your treatment fee must be paid on arrival, during the intake process.
The Dawn offers a pro-rata refund if a client chooses to leave within the first 3 days of treatment. No refund will be processed after 3 days. The USD 2,000 deposit is non-refundable in all circumstances.
C. Dress Standards
You are required to wear appropriate clothing for the tasks being undertaken, which complies with all health and safety regulations. You must adhere to the following guidelines:
- a. Must not wear tank tops, muscle shirts, halters, and undershirts (worn as outer garments).
- b. Must wear shirts at all times except within swimming pool area. No bare midriffs, plunging necklines, or see-through fabric for men or women.
- c. No clothing displaying alcoholic beverages, drugs, nude pictures, obscenities, or other words or images that may be offensive to other participants or staff.
D. Standards of Community Behaviour
You are expected to behave appropriately whilst in the treatment programme. Specific guidelines are:
- Loud behaviour is to be discouraged. An attitude of reflection and mindfulness is preferred to maintain an atmosphere of contemplation and healing. Periods where high energy activity and noise are appropriate are during exercise, or occasionally in meet up groups or monthly plays, for example. At other times, people’s peace and quiet is to be respected and enforced by staff.
- Guitars and electronic items like sound systems are NOT permitted outside of rooms and should only be used in rooms in a quiet and unobtrusive manner.
- Sexual and romantic relationships or ‘special relationships’, are NOT permitted between The Dawn clients. These are deemed ‘exclusive relationships’ which threaten the progress of both individuals and the group as a whole. Client’s engaging in special relationships may be asked to leave. You will be placed on a behavioural contract initially and be asked to leave if you break that contract.
- Drug and alcohol use is strictly prohibited at any point between admission and discharge of The Dawn services. This excludes nicotine and drugs which have been prescribed by a physician and passed by our own doctor as part of your medication regime.
- Other addictive behaviours, not limited to but including: compulsive shopping, gambling, compulsive sexual acting out (including pornography), compulsive working, gaming on computers and extremely co-dependent behaviours are not permissible on site or during treatment at The Dawn. Clients will be screened and treated for these behaviours if they appear to be compulsive.
E. Phone Policy
Clients are permitted to bring their mobile phones, iPads, laptops, etc., when they come to The Dawn. We provide wi-fi access for clients to use their mobile phones and devices in their private rooms only. Such access is provided for essential contact with family, business and so forth, and should not intrude upon or impact the client’s treatment.
Mobile phones can be freely carried and used by clients when out on excursions, but please respect the privacy of your fellow clients and always ask their permission before taking any photographs which include individuals or groups from the treatment programme.
F. Internet Policy
Unrestricted access to mobile and wi-fi services is a privilege. Clients who abuse this freedom may have restrictions placed on them and or devices will be confiscated for a period of time.
Clients who are in treatment for internet related issues, online gambling, online gaming, etc., may not have access unless under strict supervision.
G. Client Rights, Responsibilities & Informed Consent
1. Client Rights
- a. You have the right to receive effective and safe care, treatment and services provided with dignity, respect and based upon your identified needs, regardless of age, sexual orientation, race, colour, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability.
- b. You have the right to have your cultural, psychosocial, spiritual and personal values, beliefs and preferences respected.
- c. You have the right to be told what rights you have, to be told the truth and to be involved in decisions regarding your care, treatment, services and aftercare plan. You have a right to refuse a specific form of treatment if you do not agree that it would be in your best interest, in which case The Dawn may choose to cease to provide treatment to you. The only exception to client participation in these decisions would be if such decisions were legally made by another authority, such as a legal guardian. That information must be documented in your treatment chart.
- d. Unless authorized by you, nobody has the right to know that you are a client now or have ever been a client of this agency. Your participation in treatment at The Dawn may not be revealed to any employer, police officer, relative or any other person without your prior written permission; except as limited by law and regulation.
- e. You have the right to be informed of agency policies and procedures pertaining to admission and continuing care criteria, which may influence decisions for transfer to another level of treatment or discharge for medical, behavioural or health reasons.
- f. You have the right to be informed of any alcohol and other drug misuse policy (e.g. abstinence or drug free environment) requirements to participate in the service.
- g. You have the right to be offered an interpreter service if there are any communication barriers as a result of culture, language, or disability.
- h. You have the right to know what records are maintained of your treatment, to have timely access to and/or copies of your case record, to request correction of any inaccurate information and to request an accounting of disclosures made of your protected health information.
- i. You have the right to refuse specific recommended treatment. You have the right to be informed of risks and benefits of any treatment recommended.
- j. You have the right to be informed of any costs associated with the service and any means of extraction of these costs.
2. Client Responsibilities
- a. You have the responsibility to refrain from using alcohol and any addictive drugs during your treatment.
- b. You have the responsibility to provide accurate and complete information as it relates to your behavioural and physical health, to comply with and participate fully in treatment and to contribute toward the development of your treatment plan, updates and aftercare plan.
- c. You have the responsibility to ask questions if you do not understand instructions given for your care or treatment.
- d. You have the responsibility to demonstrate respect for and consideration of other clients, staff, the organization and their property.
- e. You have the responsibility to respect the confidentiality of group members. The Dawn has a strict policy in place for any clients who are working our program of recovery. This is one of the rules in place to keep every member of our family safe. You must not divulge the physical location of The Dawn and must not divulge the name of any other client at The Dawn – either in person or through electronic means.
- f. You have the responsibility to follow the rules of the program and organization.
- g. You have the responsibility to maintain all contracts you make with the program provider.
- h. You have the responsibility to pay promptly for services.
3. Informed Consent
No services or treatment can be provided to you against your will. If you have a guardian, he or she is authorized to make decisions without your consent. You have the right to be informed of the possible risks and anticipated benefits of all services and treatment, including medications, in a manner which you understand. If a guardian has been authorized to make decisions for you, the guardian has the right to be fully informed of all risks and benefits or proposed treatment or services.
These terms, conditions and policies form part of the Agreement between the Client and The Dawn.